Sunday, February 3, 2008

Week 3 Thing #6 Flickr fun, mashups, etc...

Mappr doesn't work with Flickr anymore according to a note on the Mappr website; however, I was able to attach some of the photos I uploaded to my Flickr account to a Flickr map. It's a neat idea. The privacy setting on these family photos is friends and family. I am guessing that only friends and family can "see" the photos on the map.

There's a lot I still don't know about Flickr, like how to save Flickr images -- those that are "public" images. Is that possible? I'll have to explore the "help" and FAQ areas of Flickr.

Flicker Color Picks was fascinating. This would be a perfect tool for designers of any kind-- graphic, interior, book, etc. I don't know if it is possible to save one of the public images. I found several that I loved and would like to work with.

Using Montager is like looking through a kaleidoscope! Amazing! But I am not sure what to do with it.

I need to spend much more time on these aps that go with Flickr.

No comments: