Thursday, February 21, 2008

Week 4: Thing 9 Adding a Blogroll


So far away...so beautiful.

Did anyone see the amazing lunar eclipse last evening? I dragged my lovely husband out in the cold to photograph it.

I haven't figured out how to add a blogroll from my Bloglines list to this blog. As part of the required html, I need to add my Bloglines username. I guess I do not know my username. A prompt tells me that I can go into my Bloglines profile and edit or create a username, but when I click into the profile, I see only my e-mail address and a place to change my password. I have reentered and confirmed my password, thinking this might help, but no luck. I must have tried fifteen different iterations of various passwords, e-mail addresses, and IDs in an effort to publish my blogroll to my Library 2.0 blog. The help sections of Bloglines and Blogger are a morass. I have tunneled through them for several hours and come up empty handed. I am sure I am missing the obvious, but this is very frustrating. I need to move on to the next Thing for now.

2/23 I finally figured out how to correct the problem. In fact, even though I thought I had a username in Bloglines, I did not actually have one. It took exploring in the various pages of the profile to discover this and publish my RSS feeds to my blog.

No comments: