Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Week 9: Thing #21 Podcasts

I just downloaded the Story Corps podcast to my Bloglines list and am delighted to notice that my Blogroll automatically updates itself!

I am thrilled to have this particular feed as I enjoy listening to Story Corps segments on NPR. After looking at a number of the podcast directories and not finding anything that I really wanted to have automatically downloaded to my computer, I recalled that WBUR (Boston University radio) offers podcasts. I made several attempts at subscribing from that site and finally went directly to the Story Corps website where I was able to add the feed without difficulty.

I do not have an mp3 player and so have not tried transferring and editing podcast files.

I located and read several beginning tutorials on podcasts. I need to read further and look for examples of how schools have used them, including how and where podcast links are placed on the school website.

No comments: